Georgia Virtual School-GAVS
Tips for taking an online GAVS course:
- Courses are taught online and are scheduled into the normal school day.
- GAVS courses taken during the school day are paid for by the county. However, there is a fee for withdrawing from the course after the scheduled withdrawal date.
- Parents should remember to set up a parent GAVS account in order to monitor their child’s progress and to communicate with the GAVS instructor.
- The course orientation must be completed with a grade of 100 before the class will actually open for students to access.
- Students should completed the DEMO GAVS course and should review the GAVS Student Handbook which is available once the student logs into their account.
- Working on the GAVS courses at home in expected by the GAVS teachers in order to have academic success.
- Turn in assignments on-time to prevent loosing points on your grades.
- Use the GAVS Chat Room to communicate with your GAVS teacher.
- Take note of your GAVS teacher’s office hours and their preferred means of communication.
- Study and prepare for this online class as any other course you are taking.
- Grades are reported every 4 ½ weeks; final grades are posted at the end of each semester.
- Students are expected to complete the first semester and second semester of the GAVS course.